Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Skiers, Salt Water, and Shamu

Ok, so I took a lot more photos than you see in this post. That's because a lot of them didn't turn out. I had to use my little point and shoot camera because I didn't have enough storage on my phone and later I figured out that my camera doesn't capture motion very well so a majority of the photos are blurry. Here are some of the ones that turned out.

(In no specific order because Blogger finds joy in scrabbling my pictures and I'm too lazy to put them back in order)

One of the good pictures I got of Shamu.


The cool plant along the paths

Waterskiers

She's riding a Beluga Whale if you can't tell



Petting the dolphins. Or at least trying to. My thumb brushed against one but that was the most I got to touch it.


They had these wristbands that you could buy and eat as much as you want all day. As higher as their food prices were, this turned out to be a pretty good deal.

This ride is called Journey to Atlantis. You go up one side, turn half way, go through the dip in the middle, turn the rest of the way, and then go down the other side, getting soaked as reach the bottom.

More pictures of Shamu.



Another show with seals and a huge walrus







If you stand in the right spot you can get soaked as much off the ride as you would be on the ride.
Here Grace and a few others from our group demonstrate this concept.

Yes, I do like taking pictures of random plants.  Can't you tell?


They decided to sit in one of the splash rows so they would get wet.

I don't know if this was Claudia's reaction to being on the screen or something
else, but I find this hilarious.

Grace and I didn't want to go on any of the big roller coasters, but she and Pastor decided to ride the little one before we left.

I love Pastor's face in this one!

The entry gate with the sunset behind it.


Rachel's squid hat. We described it as a lime green Pope's hat with dreadlocks.
Then we headed back to the hotel to sleep as the next day was the first day of the gathering.

Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment