Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
1 (9.8oz or 21.5 oz) package fudge brownie mix
3 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease bottom only of 9-inch springform pan.
2. Prepare brownie mix as directed for chewy brownies. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes, or until set.
Note: The brownie always overbakes when we make this so this time we followed to instructions on the brownie box( in our case 350° F for glass and metal pans and 325° F for dark coated pans) so we baked it for 25 minutes at 325°F and it worked out perfectly.
3. Meanwhile, in a larger mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk.
4. Add eggs and vanilla. Pour in prepared pan.
5. Pour into prepared pan. Reduce over temp to 300° F.
6. Bake 50 minutes or until center is set. To test for doneness, stick a clean butter knife in the center of the cheesecake. If the knife comes out clean, your cheesecake is done. Melted chocolate chips on your knife don't count. Only the cheesecake part counts. ;)
9. Chill thoroughly. Remove side of springform pan.
10. Serve and enjoy.*
*Serving doesn't necessarily sharing. Although your friends and family would probably be happier with you if you share it with them. ;)
I didn't take very many pictures, but here are some pictures of the finished product. :)
What is your favorite dessert or type of cheesecake to make?