Saturday, June 1, 2013

On the Road Again...(And my Dad's Matchmaking Skills)

If you know us at all, you will know that our family travels a lot. Most of our traveling is for business though. We haven't really been on vacation or on a long road trip for 2 or 3 years. Yesterday we drove 11 hours to Ohio for our friends' wedding. 

Dad is actually the one who "introduced" them. The dad of the groom(who was friends with my dad before this) stopped by our house on his way to drop his son off at college. After figuring out the name of the college that he was going to, Dad told them that we had another friend(our former pastor's daughter) going to the same college. He looked her up his first day at college, and the started dating a couple weeks later. I believe his first words to her were,"Do you know[my dad]?" My dad insists he had nothing to do with it.

The father of the bride insists on teasing my dad because we also introduced his brother to his now wife, who also happens to be my mom's sister. He is planning on getting back at my dad somehow. :0

Maybe on the drive home tomorrow I will post pictures from the wedding. I mean, I have eleven hours in the car, I might as well do something productive. ;)

Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment